Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Scriptures for Healing


DECEMBER 4

The Scriptures for Healing


      
Keeping a journal of scriptures is beneficial in many ways. Often, I find myself going back to a similar time in history. A time when I was hurting or confused, or simply needed an answer to a question I had. In one such entry I wrote, “I have been thinking about the “darkest hour” mentioned on November 3. The darkest hour of time, when is it for me?”

The darkest hour for me is when I’ve known I needed to repent. When I see clearly the pain I have caused my Savior.  
Prayer is a powerful tool for healing
I have many scriptures of healing in my journal accompanied by thoughts of recovery and moving forward. Thoughts of loneliness have been replaced by the power of testimony. Thoughts of bitterness have been changed simply by reading and understanding the words of the Lord such as this, “And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their God” (D&C 101:50). 

Thoughts of pain, through patience, have been changed to joy. December 11, 2001: “If my life becomes nothing more than work, with no hope of spiritual communion, it causes me great frustration of spirit.” 

During this particular time, I was feeling overwhelmed with the pressures of work. The Lord had this to say to me through the scriptures.

“In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him” (Eccl. 6:14). What would you call this? How about opposition?

Are you worried today? Angry? Feeling overwhelmed? Take this feeling to the Lord, and through scripture study focus on a solution. If you’re feeling peaceful today, study peace.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.