Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Tenacity

Tenacity, the fourth stone, almost makes me laugh. Especially today, when yesterday turned out so surprisingly.

I went to my speaking engagement and discovered I was signed up to speak the week previous to the day--exactly. We re-scheduled for the coming week.

Some good things happened because I was a week late
  1. I was able to leave a few labeled stones and promotional postcards at the care center. There's nothing like giving people a taste of what is to come. 
  2. I was able to sign a book for a dear friend and talk with her for a few minutes. 
  3. Photo by: Michigan Municipal League (MML), courtesy of Flickr
  4. I realized that nothing is an accident. Things happen the way they do for a reason and it's up to the individual writer to learn why.
When it comes to tenacity, you may not sell your book the first time you speak with the individual or the first time they read one of your reviews. But at some point, if your book is intended for the recipient, they will buy it.

It's kind of like karma and blessings all rolled into one. You put out a great product that folks will enjoy,  they learn about it, you speak about it, they discover that they'd like to read it, and your tenacious spirit has paid of.

Again, it's what every writer wants.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.