Thursday, January 17, 2013

Aching Muscles?

Okay, so I've started a new exercise program. You should find me toned and slim by the end of the year. At least that's my hope.

Photo by: sierrafit, courtesy of Flickr
We all want to feel our best, whether the best is physical or something else, but often, as is the case of exercise, we have to deal with sore muscles in the process.

Writing is a bit like that.

It may take us 8 years from the first day we put pen to paper to get our first article published.

We may find that we get more rejection letters than the acceptance sort.

We way even find that after we've published, it is still difficult to publish.


Photo by wiiu-spiele.com, courtesy of Flickr

Today my arms are aching from the Just Dance Wii game I use for my exercise routine. But they hurt a lot worse the first and second week. I am trying to get the leg moves down too, though I'm not judged for that according to the system, and I'm exercising 5-6 days a week even if I don't feel like it.

It's true that workout gyms all over the country are big business in January, and even in February, but come March the places are suddenly as empty as a park in winter. I hope that I'll be able to continue, that I won't give up even when it hurts, and that by the end of the year I'll have published that book I told you about yesterday. I also hope that I've helped others published theirs--my ultimate goal when it comes to working out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.