Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Low Tire: How Writing Fits Into Your Everyday Life

This morning, as I was cleaning up my flower garden, I noticed something else.

My back tire on the driver's side is low.
Photo by: Michael Kappel, courtesy of Flickr

Now, for any of you who know me, I know how to fill the gas tank and wash the car when it gets dirty. I don't fill the oil and I don't fill the tires. No, I don't change them either.

And so I'm thinking to myself, "I've got to go to the nearest gas station and fill up that tire before it gets any lower."

My husband showed me how to use the tire gage a few times, but I could never figure it out.

I could go over to the gas station and fill up the tire until it "looks right." Does anyone do that?

Or I could drive on it like it is; I have two short trips today, nothing else, and hope that the tire stays inflated.

What would you do?

Yes, I could ask for help and look like an idiot. Anyway, who is going to help me fill up a tire when it's so easy, right?

Sometimes, my life seems a bit low when it comes to writing, too. I just don't know what to work on next. I may not even know if what I'm currently working on is the right thing.

Life is just too busy to think about it. And then there's the low tires that you hadn't planned on.

But a writer still needs to keep writing, you know? Low tire, or not. And so I'll figure it out. Just like I do with writing and publishing and marketing.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.