Friday, September 27, 2013

What's Next for Me in the Writing World? UPDATE!

I was asked what was next for me the other day. As if I haven't been busy enough with my new book, The Feast, to be released Monday, September 30. (Update: Book was released by Amazon on September 26! Early, yes, but it's hard to predict these things!)

And yet, I understand the importance of the question.


Get the book at Amazon!
As a writer, you're just not writing, not just publishing, but you're continually thinking about what is coming up for you next. Sort of like that vacation that you've been planning for a few months or a year, you're thinking forward to the glorious day.

As so I'll tell you. I'm going to be having a fun and "pink" book release party on October 19 from 1-4. (If you live near me in Utah, send me a 'I'd like to come message' and I'll add you to my friend list). I can't plan on the weather being good, so it might be outside or inside, depending on the chill. But be assured that my new book will be here, and some luscious pink cupcakes and a strawberry slush (or something equally tempting). And you can be assured that there will be plenty of opportunity to visit.

After that...

I will be working on getting the word out about my new book AND I will be finishing the planning on my book, Marketing Your Book on a Budget, due out January 2014. Be prepared for some new and exciting additions! I am continually learning about what works for me and what doesn't when it comes to getting the word out and you will see new ideas in this book!

After that...yes, there will be a third book in the parable series. But I believe this will be the final one. My working title is The Gift. I have some ideas swirling in my brain but nothing is on paper--yet.

Oh yes, plan on me at the Simple Treasures show in November. And maybe somewhere else! I love selling my books at craft shows!
 
Last year's show was fantastic! This year's show will be November 6-9


That's it. I think.

What's next for you? I would love to hear.

Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. an e-book coming out and I'm doing several fairs in Oct and Nov!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you going? Perhaps we can help one another.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.