Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Technicalities in Writing

For any of you who know me, you'll also know that I am a writer much more than I'm a technically minded guru: at least when it comes to computers.

Photo by: freefotouk, courtesy of Flickr
To make a long story short I wasn't able to get into my blog this morning, and this is interestingly and maddeningly after losing a computer related manuscript document.

I don't know what it is about the computer, but I either love it or I hate it.

I love it because:

Writing is simplified--unless your documents are somehow lost or corrupted.
Marketing is simplified--unless, of course your computer goes down.
Publishing is eased--unless, yet again, something is wrong with your computer that you need to fix.

Most often, I have a live in computer whiz called my husband who can fix most of the stuff that goes awry, but that isn't always the case, and this is when I sit back and scream out stuff that I'd rather not repeat here.

Suffice it to say that technicalities in writing often leave me feeling breathless and a bit brain dead.

I just can't figure out why they have to happen.

And then I get down to thinking realistically, and I remember that life isn't fair, nor is it supposed to be. All I can do is live it and take care of those idiosyncrasies (that may just be opportunities to grow) when they happen to crop up.

Have a great day,

Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. that's when you need an external hard drive that automatically backs up your work...good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.