Wednesday, February 12, 2014

It's My Birthday and I'll Stay 29 if I Want to!

Yes, today is my birthday. And no, I'm not going to tell you how old I am except to say I've been the same age -29- for pretty much as long as I can remember.

Having said that, I want you to know that being -29- at any age, isn't so bad when you consider 
all of the things you've learned, 
all of  the wonderful people you've met, 
and all of the life you've been able to experience.

Having strawberry cake today.
Both good and bad.

Today, however, I want to reflect on the good, all the good, and thank you for being a part of my life. I couldn't be a writer, at least a real writer, without someone (even one person out there) reading what I'd written. I couldn't be a friend if I didn't have one, and I couldn't have learned anything if I hadn't left my computer (at times) and wandered the neighborhood.

As a writer, the most important thing that I can do (besides write) is to be open to all of the experiences that life has to offer, and not only to experience life, but to incorporate what I have learned into the books I've written.

I hope you, as a writer, a reader or both, stay open to the wonders around you.

And stay 29, will ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.