Friday, April 4, 2014

Fake It Till You Make It

I don't know who said it.

What I do know is that there are many things as an author that you'll be doing that take you out of your comfort zone.

For me?

Going live on radio.
Going on television.



Speaking in front of a large group.
Going into various local establishments to see if they'll carry my books.

As a writer, you fake lots of things, meaning you're pretty nervous or unskilled in the particular area, but do it anyway.

When my first book, A River of Stones, came out, I spoke at various elementary schools. Had I ever spoken to large groups like that before?

Nope.

But I did it.

Now those same visits are much easier. I have added creative book signings, interviews, finding reviews, and more to this list; just this last year I learned how to do book trailers. Had I had any training before tackling the project?

Nope.

But I did it.

And so can you.

Happy Writing!

Kathryn

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.