Thursday, April 24, 2014

What Do You Get When You Mix Exercise with Ice-cream?



A stomach ache.

This morning I woke up with a bit of a tummy ache. You see, in the morning, I'm all for Wii exercise. I've been exercising to the dance versions for over a year now and love it. I love how I feel, and love how I'm trimming up.

What I don't love?

About 4 p.m. I'm wanting some sugar. So I get a snack. It's usually ice-cream. But I have also retrieved the Oreo's and the chocolate candy, all of which we have at our place in heavy abundance. But who ever heard of a writer that didn't like chocolate?

Anyway, I feel as if I'm cheating myself of all of the good I could be doing, just because I fall off the horse in the afternoon.

I gave up soda over a year ago, too, and believe me, that one has been difficult. So I feel as if I should treat myself to a little sugar.

Only I don't like the stomach aches and I don't like the groggy feeling I sometimes get in the morning because I've been pigging out on snacks.

So why am I telling you all of this? And what, pray, does it have to do with writing?

Let me tell you.

Do you hate criticism of your work, so much, you never let anyone read it? Do you ever write something you feel is so fantastic that you don't want to bother with the editing? Do you struggle finding time to write? Does it come after your housework or your favorite television show, and so you feel you rarely have time to write? Do your children bother you when you write? Do they hang onto your legs like dangling participles? Do you feel as if you can't write when they're awake? Do you feel as if you're lacking great ideas, or that your writing will never be any good?

If you said yes to any of the above questions, take a look.

Are you mixing your writing exercises with chocolate ice-cream? Do you ache inside? Are you going to do something about it? Well, are you?

Would love to hear.

(I'll let you know how I'm doing in about a week).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.