Wednesday, August 13, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Marabella

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)  

My name is Marabella, but I prefer to be called Belle.  I have lived my whole life in the little village of Helfin in the Common Valley.  I’m just a girl.  My long, curly, brown hair is always wild and getting in my face which always seems to have a smudge of some sort on it.  My emerald green eyes seem to mean a lot to the Demalion people (you learn about why in the book) and if I focus them on you, you can’t turn away.


What do you like to do in your spare time?  

I love to read and I love to hunt and gather herbs with my friend Wesley. 

What is your favorite color and why? 

Green is my favorite color.  I enjoy the outdoors and there are so many shades of green. 

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite? 

I really like Ma Nan’s puffy meat pies but my favorite food in the world would be apples.  There is nothing I like more than sitting, reading a book and sharing a crisp, sweet apple with Wesley. 

What would you say is your biggest quirk?  

I’m not sure.  I can be impulsive.  Is that a quirk? 

Yep, I would say that's a quirk. :)

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? 

In the first book, Malick is mean and evil.  He is horrible to someone I love.  I really can’t say more without giving away stuff the author wants you to read for yourself.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?  

My family and friends mean a lot to me but, I suppose, well I guess, anyway…okay it’ s Wesley.  It’s always been Wesley.  I would do anything and everything I had to do to keep Wesley in my life, even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it. 

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?  

I am sometimes referred to as fearless but I get scared a lot.  I just tend to be too impatient to let fear slow me down.  And using my magics thrills me down to my toes.  
  
If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? 

That’s a tough question.  She knows me pretty well.  In book 2 I get to do a lot of the things I've been wanting to do. 

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.  

What gave you the brilliant idea of interviewing me instead of the writer?  I mean, she is important I know but, the book is about me.  Does that sound arrogant?  I don’t mean for it to.  It’s just that you can learn a lot about her book MARABELLA by talking with, well, Marabella.

Great question! Well, I'd been interviewing authors for a few months and came upon a post where someone was looking for character interviews. I thought, if they can do it, why can't I? My character interviews are often more popular than the author interviews. I have even thought about interviewing the protagonist.

***
Thank you, Belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.