Wednesday, August 6, 2014

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Ryan Ferris from Pirates in the Robosphere

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.)

My name is Ryan Ferris. I live in Dallas, Texas, but go to school at Seguin Academy in Milton, Massachusetts. I am in ninth grade. I look like an average sandy blonde haired kid. My hair is a bit unkempt at times. I hope to achieve cool stuff with robots, and to help people with them. 
cover-lorez

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I like to tinker with robots, models, computers, and machines. I also like to play sports and music. I also like to read, ride my bike, and hang out with friends.    

What is your favorite color and why?

My favorite color is red. It is the color of many winning sports teams.   

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite?

My favorite food was steak until I tried lobster.     

What would you say is your biggest quirk?

I’m sort of a geek, but I have some athletic ability.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why?

The thing that irks me most is that the antagonist, armed and terrorizing a bunch of innocent people and threatening to kill them, is on the other side of the world and I have to go after him with my robot remotely. That could also be seen as a good thing, I realize.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life?

My family and friends. I keep them in my life – the ones who aren't nearby - by visiting with them online and texting them when I’m allowed to. We also talk by phone a lot. I use a lot of technology to keep in touch with the people who matter to me.   

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit?

The girls who become my friends at Seguin Academy in the story kind of make me nervous. They’re really smart, always more organized than I seem to be, and kind of bossy.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be?

I just might get drafted by a professional baseball team to play for their farm team, but I’m not sure I’m good enough to make pro. 

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.

What is the thing that surprises you most when you learn about characters like me? 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it appears that boys (all ages of boys; even when they become men) feel a bit inferior to girls or women. Through ages of time, and I've spent a few ages personally, I see this thing occurring over and over again. I guess I'm a bit surprised by that. I wonder how many centuries it's going to take for boys and men to realize that they have something special too: brains, organizational skills; even bossiness if they want it. 

*** 
Thank you, Ryan!

Photo: Dan Rippy receives his proof for his about to be released YA novel, Pirates in the Robosphere.  Watch for it next week.

To learn more about Ryan and his creator, D.S. Rippy visit:

Website



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.