Monday, January 5, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Life after Death on This Side of Heaven, by Darcy Thiel

This is my first non-fiction character interview, so today you are getting Darcy Thiel, the author. Enjoy!

Tell me a little about yourself:  

My name is Darcy Thiel and I am a Mental Health Counselor in Western New York. I also have an organizing business, and recently started Baby Coop Publishing. I have authored two books and lecture throughout the area. In addition, I am a mother of a 12 year old son.


What do you like to do in your spare time: Spare time with all that going on? LOL! I enjoy music. I am part of our worship band at church and also love to hear concerts and bands when I get the chance.

What is your favorite color and why: Purple. I think it’s a warm and inviting color but still has energy.

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite: Hmmm…. It’s a toss-up between ice cream and mashed potatoes with gravy. They are comfort foods. I can eat them both, any time of the year.

What would you say is your biggest quirk: I am silly. I don’t get embarrassed easily so I’m not afraid to make a fool of myself. As long as we are having fun, I’m game!

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why: Probably dishonesty. I guess because I am brutally honest with myself. If I’m willing to face the worst parts of me, why shouldn't he/she be willing to as well? After all, we are all human.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? I would have to say my son. He is a bit distant from me and I've already tried almost anything to get him closer. I think with our children, we would take a bullet, lose a limb… if they were in danger.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit? My book is pretty raw and honest so I think there are glimpses of all of me- my humor, my fears, my vulnerability, my strength.

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? That things really will be ok. No, like I mean they really, truly will be ok, not just a cliché we tell ourselves to keep going.

Ask me any question. I've always wanted to know what a character thinks about writers like myself. I'll answer the question at the end of this interview.  

What’s one of the toughest things you have ever had to accept/endure in your life?

My daughter and her children living with me. I love them all, but I don't love that it's been almost 6 years. Can't I be grandma for a second? And what about keeping your space clean and doing your own laundry? Etc. Etc.

I want my daughter to be independent. She is 32 after all. And I want my grandchildren to learn what they need to learn in this life to be capable and independent themselves. I do what I can, but haven't I already done the raising of children portion bit? 

***

Thank you Darcy!

Learn more about Darcy here:

Author website: www.darcythiel.com
Publishing website:  www.babycooppublishing.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.