Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Get Motivated! Write!

How motivated are you in your writing now that a couple of weeks in January have flown by? Is it easy to relax a little, perhaps pick up your old habit like a pair of old jeans that might as well be thrown away?

I know the feeling.

Just yesterday I was going to take some time off of writing and do something else; I just didn't think I was in the mood to write. But then, the good angel said, "Now, you know that once you get started, something will come," and so I started, and the angel was right.



The guy with the black wings sat forlornly in the back corner waiting for another day.

Because the day, as we all know, will come again, because it always does.

What I find most interesting about writing is that unless you have a 9-5 job like copy writing or editing or something like that where your boss is breathing down your neck to get the project finished, it's quite a bit easier (okay, a whole lot easier) just to put the writing aside.

And it's not because you don't like to write. It isn't even because you don't find satisfaction in writing, because you do. Plain and simple. It's just easier to be lazy.

So if you're feeling lazy today and figured you'd just sit and read a dozen of my blog posts today :), don't. Stop right after you've finished this one and get started.

I mean it. Happy writing.

Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. It is easier to be lazy. But I find one of the best things about making yourself sit down to write, even when you don't feel like it, is that it doesn't take long until it begins to feel like what you really choose to do is hang out with some friends you may not have seen for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I should not have even been on here to read this! Haha, maybe I was meant to! Ok, getting back to my manuscript now. Thank you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.