Wednesday, July 29, 2015

How Positive are You?

This question came up for me when, upon looking at a Harris Poll listed in a Malaleuca booklet last night, I learned that only 33 percent of the American population considers themselves happy.

What?

I slunk back for a moment, to my earlier days, when (not surprisingly) I believed that what was happening on the outside of my life - jobs, money, appreciation, etc., directed my happiness. Only later did I learn (and believe) that happiness comes from the inside.

It really didn't matter the job I had or the money I made, or quite frankly, who said something kind to me (or not) that directed my thoughts about life, it was all about what I thought about life - all of the good I saw in it.

I am a writer because I love it. Is being a writer always easy? Of course not, but that's one of the reasons writing and publishing and marketing is rewarding to me. I love to write and I love to help others write. When I'm having a negative day, it's simply because I've lost my focus on how beautiful, and unmistakably wonderful life is.



Being positive isn't something we keep in our jacket pocket. It isn't something we wear like a badge or a business icon, it's at the very heart of who we are and what we think. It's a change we make within ourselves.

We will grow as a writer as we choose to think positively about ourselves, our gifts and talents, and the direction we are traveling. If traveling on inspiration, we will quickly find that we are where we are for a reason. That nothing can ever be an accident. And that the best thing we can do for our lives is to live it with joy.

Here's to a joyful day!

Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.