Tuesday, December 22, 2015

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Amy from A Door Cracked Open

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc). 

I'm Amy, tall and skinny with brown hair tied back usually in a pony tail. I hope to one day be able to make something of myself until I begin a mission God has planned for me.

Get the Book at Amazon!

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I love reading and writing. 

What is your favorite color and why? 

My absolute favorite color is blue. It is a calming color for me and peaceful. 

What is your favorite food and why? 

I'm a picky eater, but I love mashed potatoes, peas and gravy. They're easy to eat and the potatoes are filling. 

 What would you say is your biggest quirk? 

I think most people think I'm odd and very shy. 

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most and why? Share a line in the book where this irk is manifested.

On announcing that she planned to go abroad to work....her father yelled at her: "You're going to pay your way here first. Don't think we've kept you these past weeks for nothing." 
"But I couldn't work with two broken arms."
"You didn't even try." Albert shouted ...
Amy was hurt and annoyed by that! 

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? 

The most important thing in my life, is to reach my goal and be a better person. I have to keep believing that it's the right thing to do, even if I don't know yet how to achieve that. 

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit? 

Despite the appearance of being stupid, I'm a real thinker. I don't think this comes across in the book. 

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? 

I would ask my writer to put me in a different country altogether, find me some friends and change my family. 

A question for me:


Kathy, how many books have you written so far and who are your readers .... in general? Which genre are they? 

I have written 8 books - not including the ones I've never had published. My readers are primarily women ages 25-85 (and older). Many of my older women readers like my mystery books. I have a few male readers who enjoy my Parable series. Besides mystery books I have published Christian fiction and nonfiction, one middle reader and one marketing book for authors. I update this book every year - things are constantly evolving in the marketing industry, and authors like to have a book that's not only hands-on but current.

***

Learn more about Amy and her creator, Carmina 
Edwards on Facebook:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.