Monday, November 14, 2016

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Rodney Saulsberry

Are you considering getting a voice over expert to assist you in creating an audio version of your book? Do you want to learn how to do voice over yourself?

You'll not want to miss my lastest interview with Rodney Saulsberry!

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?

I am an actor, singer, guitar player, voice over coach, voiceover actor and author. I have done extensive work in all of these areas and I have been very successful in all of the these areas. I decided to write my first book, “You Can Bank on Your Voice” in
2004.


How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I just write whenever I am in the mood. I don’t have a set schedule.

How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or some other method of getting your words down?

I write at home in my office or at the nearest Barnes and Noble bookstore. I use my desktop at home and my iPad on the road.

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

My favorite part about writing is the creativity. The initial idea and the construction of typing it onto the page. My least favorite part is the re-write or honing of the written words.

How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?

My latest book “Rodney Saulsberry’s Tongue Twisters and Vocal Warm-Ups” was created because I am known for my popular tongue twisters on YouTube and throughout the voiceover community. I needed to get my old and new creations into one place. I also sensed a need in the industry for more literature on vocal care and vocal warm-ups. It took me about a year to write the book.

Get the Book at Amazon

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

I market through my email database and social media. I also do several interviews and podcasts. I sell my books in workshops and conferences around the country.

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

I am currently working on my first novel titled, “Graylin Brown.” It’s set in Detroit, Michigan and Hollywood, California in the 60’s thru the 90’s with a musical showbiz backdrop and theme.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

If you don’t feel like you have the talent, take a writing class. It all starts with a greatidea or a great story to tell. If you are passionate about your idea or story, you will do whatever it takes to get it out there to the public!

***

A question for me:

Can you make money as a self publisher?

Great question! Actually, I think you can make more money as a self publisher over going the traditional route. When my first book was published with a traditional publisher, I made about 10 percent a book. Now, having bought the rights back to that book as well as going it the self publishing route on my own I make upwards of 70 percent per book. Quite a difference!

I also have the freedom to choose my book cover, the interior lay out I like, and the price of my book. I didn't get any of these choices going with a traditional publisher.

***
Learn more about Rodney at the following sites:



New Book Trailer:



Follow him on:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.