Wednesday, March 8, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Jeff Bullas

     Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?


How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I set aside 5:30am till 9am for writing 5 days a week.  This time blocking is the best way to create something of consequence without life, distractions and busyness getting in the way.

     How and where do you write? Do you prefer a laptop or some other method of getting your words down?

I prefer to use a laptop with a second big screen in my home office.  Writing chapters for a book as blog posts is one tactic I use to write snack size bites of content. Also I use Word as my primary software to write a book.
  
     What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

I love crafting the words. Another thing I love is to see a rough draft become something I am proud of.  Also enjoy the creative art of coming up with topics and headlines that I think will resonate with my readers and draw them in.

The least favorite part about writing is wondering whether what I have written is good enough. Fighting the doubt.

     How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?

The idea came up as I read other blog posts and read other books and wondered what I could create and share that was of consequence, relevant and authentic.

It took me about six months from starting to get it to my editor.


     What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

Marketing is a launch process. It includes email, social media and video marketing. 

     What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?

I am about 20,000 words into my next book. The book topic is to be revealed soon.

     Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

The project is an online course with the book as the pillar content and part of the overall launch.

     What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

Push past the doubt and just start.  But being a good writer is not enough, you need to learn (or hire) the art and science of marketing.

"Stephen King was asked ‘how do you write these 120,000 word novels and he said

‘One word at a time…’

The path to success is just one step at a time.

Going for a run every now and then is good. But the only way to achieve peak fitness requires persistence.

Succeeding in life and business…whether it’s as an author, blogging, digital marketing or re-inventing your company or re-inventing yourself is sometimes not apparent.

It requires shedding comfort for growth inducing discomfort. Pain is often the path to success

The real secret to succeeding as an author?

Successful books are all about marketing” - Robert Kiyosaki

And that is something I can vouch for.

That is maybe the truth that most wordsmiths don’t want to hear.



***

Learn more about Jeff:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.