Monday, March 13, 2017

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: Mireille Mishriky

     Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?

I have always written, from a very young age, my imagination always got the best of me. Years later, as a Sunday school teacher to kindergarten children and a mother of a young boy, I was on a mission to create fun characters to empower the children in my life and to grab their attention.


How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I do not have a fixed schedule – nor do I have a preferred time of day. The idea takes hold in my mind over many days, sometimes weeks and then the floodgates open and I can write for many hours on end.

     How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or some other method of getting your words down?

Always a laptop - I can’t read my own handwriting!

What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?

Every facet of writing is exhilarating as it painful - the creative process is my favorite - least favorite part about writing is rehashing my sentences over and over - I suffer from perfectionism.

     How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?

My son adores super heroes and I toyed with the idea of a Christian super hero for many years until I had a sudden realization about the true meaning of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit and how they are, in essence, super powers. Once the idea took hold and the interpretation of the concept was completed, it took a day to write the book (please note that children stories are less than 1000 words) and then months or refining and tuning the original manuscript.


What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?
Content marketing via my blog/website www.mireillemishriky.com, social media, word of mouth. Marketing is actually a full time job and my biggest challenge.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?
            
I just published my second book of the series Philo and the Patience SuperHoly and I am taking time to promote it.

Philo and the Patience SuperHoly
Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

Yes, another children’s storybook series: Angel Leo and Angel Theo as well as book 3 of the Philo and the SuperHolies series.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

I have been there, we have all been there. You have more than enough talent and the world needs your talent.

Learn more about Mireille:




1 comment:

  1. Great interview with an awesome author. Thanks Mireille for the beautiful books

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.