Friday, March 24, 2017

FRIDAY FLICKS and AUTHOR INTERVIEW: J. S. Andersen



I'll be doing things a bit differently today. One of our clients, J.S., Andersen, has just published her first YA fiction book through Idea Creations Press, and we're pretty excited about it.

We'll begin with her interview, and end with her book trailer.


***

Tell me a about yourself. What got you started in writing?


     I started writing in 1st grade. When I was in 9th grade in my  English class we were supposed to write down 5 goals. One was to  finish a book. I pressed forward  and had it published. I had to 
     cross off that goal.


How do you schedule your writing time? When do you write?

I write when I find time. Most is at night and late in to the morning.

     How and where do you write? Do you prefer a lap top or some other method of getting your words down?

I use what even I can get my hands on when an idea pops into my brain. I carry a small notebook in my purse, a small recorder I talk into if I’m driving, and use my lap top when I get home or take it to a writers group.

     What's your favorite part about writing? Your least favorite part about writing?
                    
I love coming up with a story idea. My least favorite is fighting the writer’s block. I can go weeks without touching it. Poor MC gets a little angry at me.

     How did you come up with your book idea? How long did it take you to write your book?

In my 20s I finally found out what made the grinding noises at night down the street from the house I grew-up in. It was a rock grinder. When it ran at night to me it sounded like a ghost driving a tractor in the field across the street from my bedroom.

What types of marketing do you do to promote your writing?

Face Book, Blogs, Voice, Craft Shows, Book Signings and whatever else I can think of to advertise it.

What are you currently working on? Do you have a new book out?

I’m working on book #2 Secrets Revealed that carries on with Missy Mack in the 1st book Hidden Secrets.

Get the Book at Amazon

Do you have a project on the back burner? Tell me about it.

Another book in its 3rd draft, If I Only Knew, is planned to be done and out by the end of the year. I have a couple more plots on stories I’m working on.

What would you tell a beginning writer who wants to publish but doesn't believe he/she has enough talent?

Don’t give up. If you set your mind to it, then do it even if it takes you several years to get it done.

***







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.